Friday 16 March 2018

First Time In The Gym And Day Out!

Hey guys,
So, on Wednesday me and Tamanna went to the gym to workout for the first time,


We went in and signed up for a day pass and then one of trainers showed us a few bits of equipment and how to use them, he then gave us a 'circuit' to do and left us too it,
I do have things I eventually want to start working on now though,

These things are as follows:

- My core: As a dancer my core is a pretty important part of things, such as turns, and I tend to forget to engage my core so I figured if I work on that in the gym it might help haha, plus I want to tone my abs a little for the summer

- My ankles: After having an ankle injury from dance for a while I want to keep my ankles strengthened so that it doesn't happen again

- Cardio and stamina: I want to try and improve my stamina etc to help me be able to dance a lot longer

Anyway, I'll now list the equipment I used on Wednesday to begin etc,

- Cross trainer: As I mentioned the trainer set us a 'circuit' to work around and this started by warming up on the cross trainer for 15 minutes, this was tough haha, I was sweating so much just after this and when I got off after the 15 minutes I couldn't feel my legs properly haha

- Arm curl: We then used the arm curl machine doing 10 arm curls, it's safe to say my arms are aching today haha
We couldn't remember the circuit exactly but I think we remembered every piece of equipment to use haha

- Chest press: We then used the chest press, this one I found quite easy and kinda fun too haha

- Rower: We then did 15 minutes on the rowing machines, I've always loved rowers haha, we used to have a fitness room at school
This again I found quite easy haha

Treadmill: We added this to the circuit ourselves as the leg press (up next) wasn't available at the time, we did 10 minutes on this, varying the speed of the treadmill

- Leg press: Lastly we used the leg press, we did 10 leg presses, I kind of liked leg press, I don't find it too difficult, but I don't feel like leg strength is something I need to work on as a dancer haha, because of ballet my legs are already kind of strong

That's all of the equipment we used, I really feel like the gym is a place where everyone is able to feel comfortable and I found it kind of fun,
We have also planned to go back soon

After the gym we then went to Frankie and Benny's for lunch, although by this time it was past 3 O'Clock,



This is the best outfit pic I got haha, these sports leggings from Primark are so comfy!
Under my jumper originally for the gym I just had on a basketball style top and then I changed after the gym into a t-shirt underneath

To drink at Frankie and Benny's I got an orange and passion fruit J20


For food I got the starter of mozzarella sticks, but I got it to come with the main instead of before,
I also got a margherita pizza, I love Frankie and Benny's pizza so much haha
I've also recently found a love for their mozzarella sticks, if you haven't tried them, you have too haha they're so nice



Tamanna got an avocado and goats cheese wrap with sweet potato fries, she actually let me try a fry haha as I had never had sweet potato and they were surprisingly nice

After lunch, since we didn't get a dessert at Frankie and Benny's, we kind of just wandered, we both wanted something sweet so we went to the shop to get something haha
I got these 3 Easter chocolate things haha, they were 3 for £1 so why not


I actually have plans for an Easter baking post at the end of this month/beginning of next month so look out for that haha

I also picked up some more bobby pins as I needed some more

Overall it was a good day, I found the gym quite fun actually and it's a place you really feel comfortable,
I also really enjoyed lunch but I always do at Frankie and Benny's haha

Anyway, that's all for this post,
Maybe when I've been going to the gym more regularly I'll do a gym routine post,
Let me know in the comments if you would like that,
Also let me know if you have any recommendations for equipment to use for abs please, I'd love to know what you guys use,

Thanks for reading and I'll see you soon with another new post,
Hanna x

3 comments:

  1. This was such a good day! I’ve actually enjoy going to the gym haha
    tamannaahmed.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It was haha and same, it's actually kinda fun

      Delete
  2. Haha, it was! Thank you, it's from Primark :) Haha thank you xx

    ReplyDelete