Friday 9 March 2018

2 Years Without My Best Friend

Hey guys,
Today's post is very different to what I usually post,
Today's post is in memory of our family dog we lost two years ago now, Guinness,


I thought I would just share some photos of him and some memories we had,
Starting with the picture above, probably my favourite picture I ever took of him, the story behind the photo however is kind of funny,
He was actually sat on the step like that because he wanted to go outside for a wee haha
But what I love is that he always looked like he was smiling
Guinness had a lot of cute little nicknames, from Guin for short, to what I always called him, Guinybear,
I called him this all the time haha,

Ok, onto the cute pictures and special memories,

I'll start with pictures,

Me and my sister found these old photographs of him as a puppy and I thought I would share them too







Now moving onto pictures of him when he wasn't a puppy anymore haha






The puppy in these two pictures above, believe it or not, is actually Blaze


I'll move on to memories now or I could be here all day with pictures haha

Onto some of my favourite memories:

When we met:

I actually still remember the day we got him, which is funny because I was only about 3 probably,
I remember my cousins were round at our house and me and one of my cousins were sat on the floor and I remember Mum and Dad bringing him in and he came to me straight away and sat on my knee, and we were the best of friends ever since

Christmas:

Guinness was one of those dogs who loved Christmas, he loved ripping open his presents just as much as us humans haha
I remember one Christmas he was in the kitchen opening his presents and I think the present was a toy, and bear in mind here Guinness was blind, he was opening his present and he was swinging it around and my Dad was sat on the floor with him, you can probably guess what happened next haha Guinness swung it round and hit my Dad in the face

Another memory from Christmas, I'm not sure if it was the same Christmas, was you know the treats Pets At Home do for Christmas, well this one year they had out Christmas truffles, so for Christmas I had got him some of these, as Guinness was opening them he managed to get into the box of truffles at the same time and 3 fell out and I remember he scoffed them all up as quickly as he could haha

Another memory involving Christmas, Guinness would always get his own Christmas dinner, which basically consisted of left over turkey and other left overs haha

Doggy beer:

I remember one boxing day we had family round and Guinness got some doggy beer (yes, it's a thing, Pets At Home sell it) when my Dad and everyone had a beer haha

The baguette:

I remember one weekend my parents had toasted some baguette for breakfast and I was sat in my bed eating it, now Guinness always had a habit of coming into my room every morning, and this particular day he was sat next to my bed and he could obviously smell the baguette, he then decided to jump up onto my bed, which I was always ok with and he just sat there waiting for me to give him some,
Next thing I know, I must have not been looking at the time, because I looked back and he had a whole piece of my baguette, he enjoyed it though haha

Dog walks:

When my Dad used to take Guinness out for his night time walk I always loved to go with him and I remember one time in particular we were walking down a narrow path near where we live and I was walking behind my Dad and Guinness and I remember I would always laugh a little at the way his bum wiggled when he walked haha and I remember this one night I was laughing behind him and he just stopped all of a sudden in front of me, I'm still convinced he did it on purpose haha

Hide and seek:

I asked my Mum if she knew of anything else I could write and she said about when she used to take Guinness out and she would go and hide somewhere and then shout of Guinness and he would go and find her haha

Honestly I probably have so many memories that I can't think of off the top of my head, plus if I wrote them all out we'd be here all day haha
I hope you enjoyed this slightly different post and I hope these memories or pictures made you laugh and smile haha,

Love you forever and always my Guinybear,
Hanna x

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful post about a beautiful boy. Thank you for sharing and introducing us to Guinness.

    Emma x
    emmarollason.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And you're welcome, I liked writing it and looking back on these pictures. He was probably my first best friend haha

      Delete
  2. Such wonderful memories! Our fur babies are so much more than 'pets'; they are trusted & beloved family who hold our hearts and our hands and ask for only love in return. How blessed you were to have shared life with him. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, they really are, they are such a huge part of the family x Aw, that means a lot, you're welcome x

      Delete
  3. Aww what lovely pictures and memories for you to hold onto, it’s so heartbreaking losing a dog. They really are the sweetest animals and become a proper part of the family, I dread when the day comes for my pooch to gain her doggy angel wings! RIP little Guinness ❤️
    Alice Xx
    www.blacktulipbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, I agree! They really are family members x

      Delete
  4. Such a lovely post. I know the feeling of missing a beloved pet and looking back on pictures and memories is so calming. Thanks for introducing us! Such cuties.
    solelyliving.com
    Alana Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's so sad and yes! Looking back at pictures and memories is so nice x
      You're welcome :)

      Delete