Thursday 21 December 2017

Blogmas Day 21: Making Hot Chocolate Stirrers

December 21st:


Hey guys,
For day 21 of blogmas I thought I would post a post that's a little on the Christmas DIY side,
I thought I would try my hand at hot chocolate stirrers, I saw these on Pinterest a while ago and basically they're just chocolate on a stick with maybe some toppings added and then you just stir it in to hot milk and it makes a quick hot chocolate,
I decided to try and make one with marshmallows on top as I love hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows on top,

Before we get into the hot chocolate stirrers I will be opening my advent calendars, like I have been doing everyday,

Makeup Revolution Day 21:




Day 21 of the Makeup Revolution advent calendar was this baked highlight in the shade Gold Addict



Sorry the pictures aren't great, I forgot to take them this morning so it was dark taking them, so I had to use flash

Right, onto the stirrers then!

I've seen quite a few ways to do this but I decided to try the yogurt pop way I saw on BBC Good Food,

You will need:
- Sunflower oil (for greasing)
- 300g of dark, milk or white chocolate (or you could do 100g of each chocolate, but I just did milk chocolate)
- 6 Cupcake cases
- 6 Lollipop sticks
- A pencil
- 6 Empty yoghurt pots
- A topping or toppings of your choice (Optional)

Ok, onto the making of these cute little things!



To start take a pencil and put a hole in the centre of the cupcake cases (My Mum did this for me while I got chocolate etc together),

Then putting the cupcake cases aside take a pastry brush and brush a light layer of oil into the 47g yoghurt pots (after washing them out of course) (the recipe said 47g but I got 50g haha)

Now putting those aside too take a pan of boiling water and put a heat proof dish on the top,
Then melt the 300g of your chosen chocolate, I chose Dairy Milk, you could melt in the microwave in 30 second bursts if you prefer, (Ask an adult to help you with this bit)

Then pour the chocolate into the pots before popping a lollipop stick in the centre of each pot,


Then to add the final touches I used these cute micro marshmallows but you can top it with whatever you want, I also topped some with milkybar buttons pieces and chocolate sprinkles


As you can see one of mine didn't fill all the way, maybe it's because I used 50g pots instead of 47g



Then it was time to pop them in the fridge to set,
The recipe says to cover the pots with the cupcake cases and put them in the fridge, I'm not sure why this is but I'm guessing it's because they're still warm,
Then again I did still leave them to cool a bit before putting them in the fridge


The recipe says to leave them there overnight, so I waited and came back to them today, whilst finishing this post haha

To make the hot chocolate:

Remove the chocolate carefully from the pot,



Now heat some milk up, I did this over the hob, (Ask an adult to help)
Put the milk into a cup and then simply mix the stirrer until it's all melted
Since I was meeting a friend for a Costa my sister said she would try one



I tried a little bit and I must say it tasted really good!
My little sister also said it tasted good!

Anyway, that's all for this post,
Let me know what topping you would put on hot chocolate stirrers if you were to make them, candy cane pieces would be perfect this time of year!

Thank you for reading as always and also leave me a comment if you have read every blogmas post so far,
And I will see you tomorrow for day 22,
I can't believe blogmas is nearly over and Christmas is nearly here!

See you tomorrow,
Hanna x

No comments:

Post a Comment