Tuesday 12 December 2017

Blogmas Day 12 : Winter Skin Care And Hair Care Routines

December 12th:



Hey guys,
Before I explain today's post I will be opening my advent calendars like everyday so far,

Tanya Burr Cosmetics Day 12 (The last day of this calendar):



Day 12 of the Tanya Burr advent calendar was this gold nail polish, I'm really excited to try the 3 nail polishes that came in this calendar, they are all so festive!
I'm so sad this calendar has ended now, the products are so nice!

Makeup Revolution Day 12:


Day 12 of the Makeup Revolution advent calendar was an eye primer, I've actually wanted an eye primer for a while so this is the perfect opportunity



Ok, now that's done, today I will be sharing my winter skin care and hair care routines,

I will start with my skin care routine because it is the shorter one of the two haha,
My skin care routine is pretty simple, it consists of about 3 products,
It also stays the same at the moment,


First I cleanse my face every morning with my Simple micellar cleansing water and a cotton pad,


Once my face is cleansed I pat it dry with a towel and apply my moisturiser, I simply use E45 cream,
Finally I apply my Benefit It's Potent eye cream under my eyes.


And that's it!
I like to keep it super simple.

I also repeat this same skin care routine at night, I use the cleanser to take off my makeup and then apply the same creams

Moving on to my hair care routine,


This is where it gets a little more complex,
Every week before I wash my hair I do this routine and it really has improved my hair,

First I measure out 3 table spoons of olive oil into a plastic cup,



Then I pour boiling water into a mug and put the cup in the mug until the oil is warm,
You want the oil just warm, not too hot,


I then apply the oil all over my hair and leave it on for two hours, (I tie my hair up in a bun so I don't get grease on my clothes, I also wear an old cardigan when applying it so it protects my t-shirt underneath)

Two hours later and it's finally time to take the oil off,
I then take my hair out of the bun and wash it off with Fairy liquid (yes, I use washing up liquid on my hair haha),
After that I just use my usual shampoo and conditioner


And then once my hair is washed I pat it dry rather than rubbing it dry as it's gentler on my hair.
I then tie it up in a low bun again while it dries as I like it out of the way haha

I have seen a few improvements in my hair after doing this, these are:
  • My hair is slightly less frizzy
  • My hair is some what softer
  • My hair is a lot easier to brush through, I used to really struggle but now it's so much easier to manage
I am quite lucky that I only have to wash my hair weekly but I don't go a single week without doing this haha, I did recently and my hair felt drier than usual

Anyway, that's all for today's post,
I hope you are enjoying blogmas so far, I am!

Leave me a comment of one thing either in your hair care routine or skin care routine you couldn't do the routine without, what's your favourite hair/skin car product you use?

I'm posting a Tanya Burr Cosmetics advent calendar review tomorrow

Thank you for reading and I will see you tomorrow!
Hanna x

No comments:

Post a Comment