Monday 11 December 2017

Blogmas Day 11: My Everyday Festive Makeup

December 11th:


Hey guys,
Today I thought I would share my everyday makeup for the festive season,
I do just want to say I will just be photographing the products, not the actual look on me, I know that's a little odd or awkward but if you've seen my 20 Things I Want To Do Before Turning 21 post you will know I hope to bring myself to show my face on my blog or other social media by sometime next year,
Anyway, before we get into the makeup I will be opening my advent calendars like everyday,

Tanya Burr Cosmetics Day 11:



Day 11 of the Tanya Burr advent calendar was another glitter, I think this one was in the shade Midnight Angel
This glitter looks like a deep green kind of shade



Not gonna lie this glitter is kinda hard to swatch haha

Makeup Revolution Day 11:



Day 11 of the Makeup Revolution was another nude lipstick


With that now out of the way let's jump into blogmas day 11!
(I will insert pics of products)

So to start I wash my face with cleanser, before moisturising and putting on eye cream


Ok so after cleansing my face in the morning (I use the Simple Micellar water, I use cotton pads from Tesco to put the cleanser onto) I always moisturise, to do this I don't use anything majorly expensive I just use E45, nothing special,

After moisturiser I will put on my Benefit It's Potent eye cream, I just pop this under my eyes and then any excess on my finger I just pop on my lid,

Once my creams are done I used to use primer (Benefit Porefessional) but lately I've not been using it, mainly because I've run out haha

Next, concealer!


I then apply my Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer (Shade: Ivory), it's not very often just lately I wear foundation for some reason,
I also use my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge to blend it all out,
Now the way I apply my concealer may be odd to some but I basically wear it like a foundation,
Basically, I apply it under my eyes first and then blend, then I apply it around my nose where I have some redness and on the bridge of my nose and blend again and then I will apply to my chin and right cheek and blend and then my left cheek and blend and then finally my forehead and blend haha
I feel like I just find concealer quicker than foundation, it takes less blending

Onto powder,


Once my concealer is all blended I will then take my Rimmel Stay Matte powder (Shade: Transparent), I apply this all over my face simply with my Wilko Powder brush (I have the Real Techniques one on my Christmas list this year haha)

Now to bronze,



After powder of course I have to bronze, I use Benefit's Hoola bronzer, in fact this is the only bronzer I use haha,
I just use the same powder brush to apply this under my cheek bones and up to my temples
I also apply some on my jawline and down my neck

Blush is up next,



Ok, now I'm all bronzed up it's time for blush,
I use Benefit's Dandelion blush, (I know there's quite a bit of Benefit in this post but I've been obsessed with their products since I got the advent calendar last year)
I use my Wilko Angled Blush brush to apply this onto my cheeks (Again I have the Real Techniques Blush brush on my Christmas list this year, so fingers crossed haha)

Now for the best part haha,



Now I have some colour back in my face haha it's time for one of my favourite products... HIGHLIGHT!
I love a good highlight, the one I'm using at the moment is one from the Makeup Revolution advent calendar, it's the shade Rejuvenate, I think this is only in the advent calendar but I don't know if they'll bring it out soon, but before I started using this I was using their Skin Kiss highlight in the shade Ice Kiss,
I'm loving rejuvenate at the moment though because I feel like it perfect for the festive season as it's a gold highlight,
To apply this I use the same angled blush brush from before but I use the tip of the angled part
I then swirl my brush around in the highlight and shake it off a little before applying to my cheekbones

Time to prime my eyes,


Moving onto eyes, to prime my eyes I use Collection's Lasting Perfection concealer (Shade: Cool Medium)
I then just use my finger to blend it all over my lid

With that done onto eyes,


As you can see the front of the packaging on my Makeup Revolution palette has rubbed off haha




I put a star on each eyeshadow I was using before swatching them together below



I currently opt for a gold and brown smoky eye,
For this I apply Half Baked from my Urban Decay Naked Palette all over my lid and then to add a bit of a matte slightly smokey effect I use the shade in the bottom left (Pure Chocolate) of my Makeup Revolution Flawless palette, I apply Pure Chocolate through my crease blending into the outer v
To apply both of these I just use my Real Techniques Base Shadow brush

Mascara and liner now,


Mascara! We're nearly done! haha
At the moment I am loving the Benefit Roller Lash mascara, this makes my lashes look so good!
(I apply that to my top and bottom lashes)
I'm also using the Tanya Burr Cosmetics' gold glitter liner at the moment, I'm not sure if this is out or if it's only in the advent calendar but I love this liner for a little glitter and then it's finally time for lips, at last

Finally, lips,



For my lips at the moment usually I will apply my Nivea lip balm first, just because my lips tend to dry out more in autumn and winter, sometimes at the moment I will apply lip balm when I first moisturise but I usually end up re applying by the time I get to lips anyway,
At the moment for lipstick I have been using the Kylie Cosmetics metal lipstick in the shade Dancer, 
This is the perfect festive shade! I am obsessed with this lipstick at the moment

And that brings us to the end of my everyday makeup for the festive season,
I'm sorry it's a little odd just reading it but hopefully next year I'll start showing my face and doing these posts properly,

Let me know in the comments what product you are loving most this time of year,

Thank you for reading today's post,
I will see you tomorrow for blogmas day 12!
Hanna x

No comments:

Post a Comment