Friday 1 December 2017

Blogmas Day 1: Advent Calendars And Christmas Tree Reveal

December 1st:


Hey guys,
Happy first of December!
I thought I would try doing Blogmas this year, meaning I will be posting every day from today up until Christmas eve (hopefully),
I have a lot of posts written up already and I will also be trying to make these posts as Christmassy as I possibly can each day,

Anyway with that said, today's post is going to be me showing you what advent calendars I bought this year and showing you my Christmas tree this year too,

Let's start with advent calendars, I decided to buy the Tanya Burr Cosmetics and the Makeup Revolution one this year,
I had the Benefit advent calendar last year and I loved it so much I ended up repurchasing a few products I loved,
So this year I thought I would try some more,
I love cosmetic advent calendars, it's the perfect opportunity to try out a brand without spending a ton of money on each individual product,


Tanya Burr Cosmetics Advent Calendar


Makeup Revolution Advent Calendar


The Tanya Burr one was £20 (on sale from £30) at Superdrug
The Makeup Revolution one was £25 (on sale from £50) and was also from Superdrug
I also got the Me To You Bear chocolate advent calendar too but I won't be opening that one on my blog

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to open them each day on my blog.
Then you get to see what products are in them and I can review one of them, or both of them at some point,
The Tanya Burr one I think I will review as part of blogmas as it's only a 12 day one, where as the Makeup Revolution one is 25 days, which I thought was great for a beauty advent calendar!

*Small disclaimer : I am in no way bragging about these advent calendars I just wanted to have something I could do in each post everyday to start with*

So here is day 1:

Tanya Burr Cosmetics:


Day 1 of the Tanya Burr advent calendar was this really pretty red nail polish, which would be perfect for the Christmas season!

Makeup Revolution:




Day 1 of the Makeup Revolution advent was this pinkish nude lipstick, which when I tried it on this morning was actually a really nice colour and I don't normally like nude lipsticks haha
   
Moving on to the Christmas tree reveal now.
This year I decided to buy a small 3ft green one, (It is artificial),
Last year I had a white one but this year I wanted a more classic feel,
I kept the red and gold theme I had last year but just bought some more tinsel and baubles as I didn't get enough last year and didn't get a chance to buy more.
I also bought some battery powered lights too as I didn't get any lights for my tree last year and since they're battery powered I put the battery pack between the branches at the back of the tree where it isn't really noticeable.





I must say I really love my Christmas tree this year!
Not gonna lie though my Mum helped me quite a bit with how to space things out
I also used a ballerina bauble too to make a tree topper haha as the tree topper I had was too heavy

Anyway, that's all for day 1 of blogmas,
I hope you enjoyed it, I think tomorrows post is going to be festive and winter blog post ideas,

Thank you for reading,
I will see you tomorrow for day 2!
Hanna x

2 comments: