Sunday 10 September 2017

My Top 5 Tips For Starting Dance

Hey guys,
So today's post is more dance related than usual,
I'm going to share with you my top tips for starting dance,
I have been dancing again for over a year now and I love it so much,
So let's just get into the post then shall we?

*Disclaimer: I am not a professional these are just some things I have read in my year of dancing or picked up for myself through my experience*
1) It doesn't matter how old you are its never too late,
Take it from me, I started at 18, I mean don't get me wrong I danced as a child from about 8 maybe until 9 but then I quit.
I restarted at 18 and I've now been there for a year and 8 months.
I love going to ballet every week, it's super rewarding.

2) Pay attention/Listen well,
This one is fairly obvious, but if you pay attention in class and have your full focus on the teacher when they are talking you can do well.
I find the more focused you are in the class the more you get out of it and the more info you take in.

3) Be confident (Or as confident as you can be),
I know this one can be fairly difficult, especially if you're like me and you're not the most confident person and I know when you're new to dance it can be difficult to feel confident too. But, once you're enjoying classes its easy to start to feel confident.

4) Take private classes,
If you aren't picking something up or just want a one-to-one session to catch up don't be afraid to ask for private classes. (If your teacher does them that is)

5) Don't be afraid to ask questions,
There's nothing wrong with asking the teacher a question if you don't understand something. But if you are like me and don't like or want to ask in class take a minute after class to ask the teacher or ask in a private class if you choose to have one of those.

Bonus tip:
6) Have fun/enjoy yourself,
Again, this one may not be easy at first but if you focus on dance and try to have fun too you'll enjoy it a little more.
Just rememeber everyone in that class was a beginner at some point, we all have to start from somewhere.
I absolutely love going to dance every week now. So much so when dance isn't on in the holidays I really miss it.

I think that's all for my dance tips,
I know they are kind of obvious but I hope this can maybe help,
Hope you enjoyed the post,
If you did feel free to follow my blog for more posts, (Follow button on desktop is top right, on mobile, bottom of the page),
Leave a comment telling me you're favourite thing about dance, if you already dance and if you don't already leave a comment why you want to start,

Thank you for reading,
And I'll see you in my next post,
Hanna x

No comments:

Post a Comment