Sunday 20 August 2017

Urban Decay Naked Palette Review And Swatches

Hey guys,
As you can tell by the title I'm going to be reviewing the first Urban Decay Naked palette,
I know I'm a little late on this one and that a lot of people have done these types of posts already, but I thought having never owned an Urban Decay product it would be nice to write a blog post of what I thought.
So, let's get into the post,

Ok, so, to start I thought I would put some pictures of the palette and some swatches and then write down what I thought,
I have seen swatches online before buying and thought they looked like good pigmented shades but let's see shall we?


So this is the box it comes in, personally I think the packaging looks and feels very luxurious.


Moving on, this is the palette itself. I love this packaging too. The palette is velvet with gold lettering. I love the feel of the palette too, the palette also feels luxurious

(The shades from left to right are; Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep and Gunmetal)

Onto the inside of the palette, this palette has a variety of different shades for everyone, from the matte highlight shade (Virgin), to the beautiful light gold (Half Baked), to the dark blue shade (Creep). So far my favourite shades are Sin (the second shade) and Half Baked (the sixth shade). I also love Darkhorse for a liner shade (the 8th shade in the palette)


I left in two pictures of the swatches as the one above is when I faced my arm towards my window to get full lighting and the one below is just my arm resting on my bed with 'ok' lighting. I guess it gives you two different perspectives of the shades.
Also the top one shows the shimmers a lot nicer.

*I know a lot of people swatch them by swiping once but I swiped my finger through the shades maybe twice to show the full colour*

Sorry if they are not great pictures but there are the swatches of the shades.
As you can see Virgin (1st shade on the left) is quite light, also I can say after wearing Sin a lot lately (the 2nd shade on the left) it is a beautiful shimmery pinkish shade and is probably my favourite shade so far.
Half Baked (6th shade) is a gorgeous light gold shade , I think it would be great for Christmas perhaps paired with Smog (7th shade along).

All in all I can say I absolutely love this palette, I currently reach for it everyday when doing my makeup.
It definitely has shades for everyone.
The price was definitely what held me back before I decided to just take the plunge and buy it anyway.
I've tried most shades and so far have managed to pair shades to make some nice looks.
My favourites to pair so far are probably Sin all over my lid then Naked through my crease and then Toasted in the outer v and through the crease.
One thing I will add though is some of the darker shades don't always blend perfectly (like most dark shades in any palette). I'm not sure if it's because it's a darker shade or if it's because I blend with a heavy hand sometimes haha.

I think that brings us to the end of this post,
If you don't have this palette and are looking to buy it I hope this helps,
Personally I love this palette,
It has probably become my favourite one I own,

I hope you enjoyed this post,
If you did, hit the blue follow button to see more of my posts (if you're on a desktop you will find the follow button at the top of the side bar and if you are on mobile its at the bottom of the page as I can't figure out how to move it haha).
Also feel free to leave me a comment,

Thank you so much for reading,
See you in my next post,
Hanna x

No comments:

Post a Comment